Family Resource Centres (FRC) are instrumental in providing a range of universal and bespoke targeted services to their communities to support vulnerable children and families
Minister Zappone welcomed the progress made to support and develop existing Family Resource Centres (FRCs) using additional funding provided this year.
The Family Resource Centre (FRC) programme is Ireland’s largest National Family and Community-based support programme, core funded by Tusla – The Child and Family Agency.
FRCs are a key resource in developing strong families and strong communities. The Family Resource Centre Programme is designed to allow communities and local Tusla staff to identify needs and the services required in their local areas. FRCs are instrumental in providing a range of universal and bespoke targeted services to their communities to support vulnerable children and families.
Minister Zappone said: “This year, I provided additional funding to the Family Resource Centre Programme across the country. This is the third year running, in my time as Minister, that the Programme has been allocated additional funding”.
The additional funding is being used to provide existing FRCs with greater capacity to reach more vulnerable children and families in their communities. The additional funding is being used to:
· Increase core funding to each of the 110 FRCs which existed pre-2018 by 5%;
· Employ an additional 17 Family Support Workers – one FRC in each of the 17 Tusla geographical areas will be allocated funding to employ a Family Support Worker; and
· Fund the Family Resource Centre Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Promotion Programme.
Minister Zappone is pleased to confirm that:
· All 110 FRCs have received their 5% increase in core funding;
· Funding has been provided to the Family Resource Centre Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Promotion Programme;
· The 17 FRCs which are to employ a Family Support Worker have been informed . The 17 Family Support Workers will be in place by year end.
For further information please see here
Minister Zappone continued: “Family Resource Centres have been provided with greater capacity to reach vulnerable children and families. Family Resource Centres are instrumental in providing a range of universal and targeted services to support vulnerable children and their families in their communities”.